My Slightly Sideways Look At Life And Trucking In Canada/US

The spelling mistakes add to the charm of this Blog..!! A Blog is like a woman..???? you start at the bottom and work your way up,,,!!!!!

Für min chumpels üs di schwiitz, nim da google übersetze

Just go to Google Translatehttp://translate.google.com/translate_t



Monday, September 22, 2008

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

I would like to take a moment to thank all the well wishers ,the therapy is going well,,i just get very frustrated some times..

In the hospital in Atlanta..the bed was cool,,lots of buttons to play with...

Ive thought long and hard about this,and am only showing these pics in the hope that none of you drink and drive..im not going for the sympathy vote.. i got away lucky..

This is the doner site on my right leg for the skin graft,,that hurt..

Im only showing a small section of the arm injury,,coz i tend to feel sick when i see it so dont want to shock you to mutch,,but just may be some of you will stop and think next time you have a drink and drive !!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first picture is really terrible, but maybe if you got a shave you'd look better.

Seriously, have a good recovery, and thanks for the warning, but I don't drink drive.

Unknown said...

Hi Gremmie, Those pictures send a huge shiver down my spine. Its crazy. I suppose you just have to be positive and Thank God your still alive. From reading your blog you seem to be a glass half full kind of bloke so keep them spirits up.
Fine and dandy like sugar candy.
Meet any nice Georgian nurses ?
HoopHoop

Graham Parks said...

Mick ahhh ya so kind...am at girl friends pad going twice a week to the hospital here in Winnipeg...

Chris said...

Glad you are on the mend, and that they caught the driver!

I worked as an operating theatre technitian in the early eighties, and saw lots of the results of drunk drivers.

I know what you mean about the skin graft, they reckon it can hurt as much as the injury. Its because when they take it a load of nerve endings are cut OUTCH!

koog said...

I never realised just how handsome you are mate. At first I thought it was robert redford in the pic, then I thought it might be Boy George.
Anyway, get well soon bud.
Koog.

Marion said...

Hi Graham
it's Marion your mum's painting friend, just heard about your accident, the pictures look pretty horific Barbars is coming here next Thursday do you want me to let her see the pics or not? My son broke his back in a motorbike accident two years ago and he said the bone graft was more painful than his back so yes I am sure yours is very sore indeed. Just take things slowly don't rush it and you will get better, slowly slowly catchee monkey. Look forward to hearing from you soon love Marion

Terry said...

I am glad to see you are recovering... I just feel so bad about this happening to you... Being from Atlanta...This type of thing is in the news every week. I don't know what is wrong with these people around here. Love the positive attitude , by the way.

Anonymous said...

Graham,

Very sorry to read about your ordeal.

Glad that you are on the mend and that you have a great person taking care of you.

Regards

Diane

Rosie said...

OMG gremmie just seen this, hope you're feeling better!!
I hate it when hubby stops to tighten the trailer straps on the shoulder, there's too much drinking and driving here.

Take care Buddy, it sounds like you've got a lovely lady looking after you ;)
Rosie x

Steve--the Rooster said...

Think Koogs needs glasses!!
looks more like Jasper Carrot