My Slightly Sideways Look At Life And Trucking In Canada/US

The spelling mistakes add to the charm of this Blog..!! A Blog is like a woman..???? you start at the bottom and work your way up,,,!!!!!

Für min chumpels üs di schwiitz, nim da google übersetze

Just go to Google Translatehttp://translate.google.com/translate_t



Sunday, April 27, 2008

Here's A Brain Teaser..

Iv'e mentioned before,that some times i just dont understand what the yanks and canuks are talking about...!!! And that Kim my boss send me text messages that leave me totally bewilderd,so much so that a simple instruction becomes a major disscusion...
To set the scene;-
I was heading north from Fargo ND back home,cross the border and tranship my load onto one of our other trailers,,,easy peasy. And all i needed to know was where to tranship....why i botherd to ask is beyond me,,, the texts went something like this..

Me,, HI KIM WHERE DO I TRANSHIP THEN
Kim,, at pauls yard
Me,, TO SMALL CANT READ THAT
Kim,, AT PAULS YARD
Me,, OK,, WHO'S PAUL
Kim,, FROM EMERSON TRANS.
Me,, OK,, WHER'S THAT THEN
Kim,, IN EMERSON,,WOTZ YA ETA
Me,, 16,03... BUT STILL DONT KNOW WHERE PAULS PLACE IS ??
Kim.. ITS KITTYCORNER FROM THE LOT

At this point i nearly crashed and was getting anoyed,,but kept my calm and tried to program my TOMTOM navigation system with this worthless info,,,TOMTOM had never heard of a kittycorner in Emerson..

Me,, WHER'S KITTYCORNER IN EMERSON ??
Kim,, WHERE THE BISON TRAILERS ARE
Me,, AH HA ACROSS THE ROAD FROM OUR TRAILER LOT
Kim,, YES

Now to explain, Kittycorner means daigonaly across from something, never heard of it?? nor had i,,???? just another example of how our two languages differ,,

2 comments:

Steve--the Rooster said...

heard of kitty-potty but kitty corner?don't tell lyndon or he'll be kittycornering all day!!
bye the bye old sock,anychance of your e mail thingy.need to chat. or skype under steve-the-rooster. (but let me know before hand as I need to switch it on)
Ta La

Graham Parks said...

Hi Rooster you old sock.???? try me on msn... gremmie@hotmail.de

Lyndons running team at the mo,,so at least 1 person in the cab might know what they are doing..lol