My Slightly Sideways Look At Life And Trucking In Canada/US

The spelling mistakes add to the charm of this Blog..!! A Blog is like a woman..???? you start at the bottom and work your way up,,,!!!!!

Für min chumpels üs di schwiitz, nim da google übersetze

Just go to Google Translatehttp://translate.google.com/translate_t



Saturday, April 26, 2008

Playing Catch Up On My Blog..

Due to popular demand i shall continue to write more ....Oh bugger and we'd thought this toture was over..
Well it aint..
So whats been happening in the life of Gremmie,,,well his love life has its ups and downs,,,,usually in short bursts so he dont get tired lol..work is going well,,doing mile after mile,and i still dont under stand half the stuff the bosses wife says to me,,,we had another text chat,,OMG
Well my love life get interupted by work,,,truckus interuptus,,so i have to leave the poor gals waiting and praying for my swift return as they all " Just love that British accent",,,my good looks,charm and personality are not of intrest...they just want me to talk alot ????.. is this then Canadain oral sex ????
Now for the proper news.!!!
Ok lets get down to the interesting info that fills the pages of my blog.
Took a bulk load of spuds down to Cincinnati for a sunday morning delivery,so a bit of a race leaving Canada friday evening,its 1200 miles one way,,so a hard push,more than a race,.
nope,, it was more like going hell for leather for 2 days..
Then saturday evening on entering Cincinnati i took a wrong turn off and ended up by the ball park in the middle of the city,so i enjoyed the sites of this very pretty town..the saturday nite revellers didn't go a bundle on me cruissin up and down the strip tho...oops
Spuds came out of the trailer in pretty quick time sunday morn,which left me all day to play and do as i pleased,my reload was 50 miles away in Carrollton Kentucky on monday.
So headed up to the Flying J truck stop,where i noticed that my left exhaust stack was falling off,,,my truck is brand new,and if any thing else falls off it'll look like Fred Flinstones car... so sought of fixed that with a couple of bungies..

Deepfried in Carrollton Kentucky
I took a slow meander down to this small pleasant down,nestling on the banks of thee mighty Ohio river,unhitched my trailer and went in search of a hostelry to quench my thirst and partake off the famouse Kentucky Chicken...
I just seem to have the luck of the gods when it comes to finding a place to eat and drink,The Carrollton Inn and Hotel is the only establishment in a 100 mile radius that sells alchahol and food on a sunday...Woo Hoo..
So with a large platter of fried chicken and a beer i started to chat with the natives,,,this entails alot of hand waiving and sign language as they dont speak english..???
Point of fact to prove that they dont speak english :- there was an ederly very pale gent sat next to me, he was deaply engrossed in his laptop,and hadn't utterd a word in over an hour. When he suddenly turns to me and says " hey sonny ,u kindah speak iinglish,howdya spell shoardy"
it didn't help much that when he spoke his dentures came loose and he had to suck/slurp them back into his mouth,,
"shoardy"??? sorry i dont know what that is...little did the old fella know that my spelling is really bad,,but then again he's never read my blog
"Yeaha SHOARDY," he pronounced again...????? my brain started to hurt.. "a fellaw that aint to tawll""
"Oh you mean shorty",, "hooly shit boy,thats wot i bin sayin,,ya'all talk like ya got a plum in ya mouff"
So i told him how,and he continued to suck on his dentures,which ruined my appertite a bit..
I left the hotel round 8ish as i had some sleepin to catch up on.

The Train Graveyard:
Loaded the next morn then headed across to Mt. Vernon Il to pick up some more freight,2 train exhausts in a place that no rail buff would want to visit..



Well atleast they recycle most of them ???


So i trundled back home, enjoying the beautiful country side,,,hope you like the views too


No comments: