My Slightly Sideways Look At Life And Trucking In Canada/US

The spelling mistakes add to the charm of this Blog..!! A Blog is like a woman..???? you start at the bottom and work your way up,,,!!!!!

Für min chumpels üs di schwiitz, nim da google übersetze

Just go to Google Translatehttp://translate.google.com/translate_t



Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ay H'ommbre you'a bring'a Skate'a board Park.??? Ok so my Mexican accent is Crap !!!!

This planed load for arizona was postponed till the thursday so i did an uninteresting load of hay to Hinkley Minesota and a load of plate steele back to W.Peg from Mineapolis.
Then on thursday i loaded the Skateboard Park destined for Ajo Arizona down by the Mexico border. A total of 6 trucks were needed for the full park and Billy Mugins was Nr6,,, i got what the others couldent load,.
Stopped of in the office before crossing the border to make sure all the papers were in order and for a chat.
Phoned Lyndon,"hey pal ill be in Fargo tonite,were are you".. "California" bum missed him again "i think he just said that so as not to buy me breakfast!!!!!. Left fargo early,i was in no hurry but i'm an early risser. @ Watertown SD left the interstate and travelled south on Hwy 81got stuck behind this road hog

Photobucket

I mean it gives moving house a whole new definition !!!!!

Spent the nite in Hutchinson Kansas just north west of Wichita. Off at 5am taking the scenic route Hwy 61 to Pratt ks,and drove over a very wrickerty bridge

Photobucket

The speed limit was only 30mph on the bridge,well if you look carefully you'll see that the on-coming traffic goes over the top ???? So i put on my hard hat and put me foot down......


10 miles down the road,and as all good truckers do i checked my mirrors, Ooooh what pretty flashing lights,,, The sheriff also gets out of bed early,i tried waiving him on,,, but nah he stayed behind ,so i stopped.
A burly young cop armed with a flash light strolled up the length of my trailer,inspecting the load, and then wanted to inspect me.,,very forward off him considering we'd never met,,, Checking my licence he say's "holy shit your English,my sister lives in Bedford,do you know her.,,, They seem to think the UK is the size of a soccer pitch
"Whats her name ?" i asked,,, Sue Ellen he siad or something like that...and no i did not know her....OMG this is going to be fun....
So the Sheriff and i chatted about this and that for approx 20mins, i even got to sit in the front seat of his car,with the flashy lights on,Oh what fun All my papers checked out and i was free to go,so we shook hands and baid one another farewell,i was slightly perplexed tho,when he then returned and requested that next time i drive thru Pratt that i keep to the 30mph limit as 49mph was to fast,,,,, I blushed,,, my journey continued on Hwy 54 into Oklahoma and then into TEXAS where they love beef???

Photobucket

These cattle holding pens coverd miles with 10 of thousends of cows awaiting the bullet !!!! Almost put me of my steak that nite,,,,
Onward and southward into New mexico

Photobucket
Musn't miss my turn off...left i think????

Photobucket

I'm not alone in the world....!!!!!!

driving a few miles on I40 from Tucumcari to Santa Rosa and then drove i.5 miles on Hwy 66 Woo Hoo my life is complete,,,,, then back on the 54 across the deserts and mountains of NM

Photobucket

Passing thru US white sands missile testing range,,, i put on my hard hat,just incase,,, And parked up in Las Cruces next to this guy i,,,,

Photobucket

This did nothing for my inferiority complex,,,,will mention it to shrink when i get home ,,,!!!

Photobucket

did not sleep to well they carry exotic cars,,

Left early on my last leg to Ajo, passing thru Tuscon stopping at Casa Grande to wash Spirit 34 and to redeam my pride after the flashy bugger from the nite before
At Gila Bend headed south and marvelled at the giant cactii The cactii live to 130years and more and only grow the arms when they are 60years old or so.

Photobucket
Texas Canyon

Photobucket
With my luck that boulder will decide to fall after 10.0000000years of inactivity right in front of me...!!!!!!

Photobucket
A " Bog Brush" type of cactus,,,,,dont know the real name,,!!!! Sorry

Photobucket
100's of " A Lady's Dream" type of cactii,,,, well it could be the real name ,,,!!!!

Photobucket
Spirit 34 showing off how pretty she is in the desert,,,,Typical tart,,!!!!

Photobucket
What a poser,,,!!!! if you got it flaunt it ;,!!!

Will write more later got to go and cook

No comments: